About Me

Hi my name is Ava I am a year eight at ngatea primary school.
My teacher is Miss Williams and my class is the incredible minds. I like hockey and athletics, my favourite colour is blue. Have a look around my blog , I hope you like it.


Monday 31 October 2016

My Writing

Parasailing

I am lifted high into the sky. I can see everything below me. People dot the shoreline of the island.

I look around and I see no clouds, I can only see the sun sitting proudly above the horizon. I am taking it all in and enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts. Another small island appears in the distance. It is coming closer and I can make out a few buildings. I can see palm trees and people now. Down below me is the clear ocean. The beautiful coral shows through the water. Slowly the driver makes his way around the island. The boat slows down and I am slowly lowered towards the ocean. They warned me about this. The sea is coming closer and closer. My legs are dangling and my feet touch the water. The water comes up to my thighs and I am lifted up again. Relief fills me. For a moment I thought I was going to get completely dunked under the water. Treasure is coming into my view again. The island looks so beautiful from the sky: The palm trees stand gracefully, the sand is white,the water is clear and the sun reflects over the sea. I am slowly lowered down and the Fijian men are on the sand to help me land. My bare feet skim the soft and as I bend my knees for the landing. My harness is grabbed and they unclip me. My legs feel a little bit wobbly as I walk again. I look over and my family is sitting under the palm trees waiting for me. I look back at the big parachute. Parasailing was so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment