About Me

Hi my name is Ava I am a year eight at ngatea primary school.
My teacher is Miss Williams and my class is the incredible minds. I like hockey and athletics, my favourite colour is blue. Have a look around my blog , I hope you like it.


Tuesday 18 October 2016

Miniature Gardens

Miniature Gardens

Today in Marama the people who weren't doing calf club were making miniature gardens. I choose to do mine like a fairy garden and I collected some cool flowers and small plants from home. I also collected some pebbles, shells and some moss. I had a look around at home for some material and some cool paper just in case I wanted to use some of that. I had to look up some things on my computer to get some Ideas. After looking at the ideas I decided that I was going to do a Fairy garden.

When we started the gardens I got some sand from the sand pit and then I spread a layer of soil over the top of the sand. Yesterday I decided that I was going to put a tepee in the garden so had to make that out of some small sticks and some of the fabric that I brung. After I had made it I put the tepee at one end and then I made a pathway (using my shells) leading to the other end. I was pretty quick to put put my plants down the sides because I had some really cool ones so it wasn't to hard to choose which ones to use. After doing the plants I made a little well to go at the end of the pathway, I made it out of the little stones that I brought. The well was the hardest thing to make because it kept falling apart and I had to hot glue again and again. In the end I was really happy with the way mine turned out and I had a great time making it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment