About Me

Hi my name is Ava I am a year eight at ngatea primary school.
My teacher is Miss Williams and my class is the incredible minds. I like hockey and athletics, my favourite colour is blue. Have a look around my blog , I hope you like it.


Monday 17 October 2016

Conference Day Reflection

Learning In the Making Conference day reflection

Breakout One:

In Breakout one I was presenting a workshop with Emma. 
It was a Marbling workshop for Moana. Me Emma had to order the paints online and they 
were there early enough for us to test them out which was good. The kids were a bit slow with the paints so they didnt really go so well. It was still a good workshop and The kids said they enjoyed it.

Breakout Two:

Me and Emma took another Marbling workshop in the second block. This one was much more successful because we figured out that you had faster withe the paints for it to work well. If you took to long the paints would create a layer on the top of the water, and the paint would stick to the skewer. I think we used our time more wisely in the second breakout because we had time for the kids to do two pieces of art each.


Breakout Three:


In breakout three I was in badminton with Mrs Heaven. My buddy was Alec which meant we were doing doubles. There was two courts and each game was three minutes. when you finished a game you would move to the left. We did count points but in the end we didn't really find out the winner which didnt matter. Me and Alec did alright and it was very fun little tournament.

Breakout Four:

For breakout four I was in a workshop with Miss Williams and we were making bouncy balls.
We had to mix PVA with a bit of water and in another bowl we mixed water and borax.
Then we tipped the PVA mix into the borax mixture which made the PVA go kind of rubbery. We took the flubber out of the water and we had to play with it so it would go kid of hard. if it got really soft we put it back in the water and it would go hard again. After it got hard enough
we tried to bounce it but it didn't really work. It was fun to make and I'm sure it 
just has't worked YET.









No comments:

Post a Comment