About Me

Hi my name is Ava I am a year eight at ngatea primary school.
My teacher is Miss Williams and my class is the incredible minds. I like hockey and athletics, my favourite colour is blue. Have a look around my blog , I hope you like it.


Thursday 23 June 2016

My Writing

Swimming in the winter

The sky is grey as I step onto the sand.
I am wrapped in a warm towel that I don’t want to take off.
I dip the tip of my toe into the freezing water,
I drop my towel and I step deeper into the cold blue sea.
Goose bumps appear on my skin as I keep on wading through the water.
I see a small wave building up in front of me and I decide to dive.
The coldness of the water surges through my body as I bring my head out of the water.
I go deeper diving under the waves till there are no waves and I am floating in the ocean,
I am growing colder as I slowly swim back to the sand.
The warmth of my towel is calling me as I ride the waves ashore.
My lips are blue and I am shivering as the dry sand greets me.
I am finally wrapped up in my towel , warm again .

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece of writing Ava, it makes me think of Dad when he has a swim in the summer, not the winter though!

    ReplyDelete