About Me

Hi my name is Ava I am a year eight at ngatea primary school.
My teacher is Miss Williams and my class is the incredible minds. I like hockey and athletics, my favourite colour is blue. Have a look around my blog , I hope you like it.


Monday 16 November 2015

Who inspires me

One person who inspires me is Sir Ray Avery . He invented the life pod , an incubator that has the power to save the life of many babies . Millions of babies die each year because they do not have access to neonatal care and these babies are usually born in poor hospitals that can not afford incubators. The poor hospitals that can finally afford one usually buy one and a small part will break down and no one knows how to fix it so it is shoved into the corner and no one can use it . Ray designed one that is much cheaper and is portable and it even has backup power just in case it main power source breaks down . But what really inspires me is that he is doing to be kind , not because he wants money but because he wants to help .
Image result for sir ray avery life podImage result for sir ray avery life pod
Screenshot 2015-11-17 at 2.36.55 PM.png

No comments:

Post a Comment